If you love the sun and sand, Aruba is one place you have to visit. With pleasant weather and friendly people all year round, it will be an experience you will savor.
Part of the Kingdom of Netherlands, it is an independent island country located in the Southern Caribbean. The people of Aruba are famous for their relaxed attitude and laid-back style so everyone can join in the celebration of life on this gorgeous strip of land. And coupled with the numerous Aruba attractions, you are in for a luxurious trip.
Places which you must visit
- Get in touch with Nature at its most vibrant when you hike along all the most famous landmarks in the Arikok National Park.
- The Bubali bird ponds are a bird watcher’s dream as a number of migratory birds fly into this bird paradise. It is sometimes called the Bird Sanctuary.
- One of the most prominent of landmarks, the California lighthouse is so called because of the famous shipwreck “California” off its coastline. Affording an extensive view of the entire island, this is just another on the list of the many Aruba attractions!
- Set up a date with history when you visit the ruins of gold mines. It is known as the island of hidden gold after explorers buried and hid their gold here. The name Aruba comes from Oro Ruba, meaning Red Gold.
- Follow the legend of the crying Indians in the Frenchman’s Pass. The French pirates and native Indians fought many a bloody war here in the 17th Century.
- With breathtaking sunsets and amazing water sports, the Baby Beach is one of the major tourist spots.
Things you must do
Party it up with the locals at Eagle Beach. The pure white beaches and calm water here are surely one of the top Aruba attractions.
Soak up the sun and swim in the sea at Arashi Beach. Clear blue water and plenty of sunbathing and snorkeling options make this beach a great place to visit.
Enjoy a lazy day at the spa and treat yourself to Caribbean style luxury. Get a Swedish massage and enjoy the tranquil weather for all the distressing you need.
Shopping and Sports in the city
Aruba has a range of the best water sports options. From water skiing and scuba diving to kayaking and windsurfing, you can have it all on this sun-kissed isle. And if shopping is what you want to do, you’ve come to the right place. Choose from rich collections of jewelry, local handicrafts, Dutch cheeses, designer garments, and even Cuban cigars! Go downtown to Oranjestad to check out the best options. Renaissance Mall and the Royal Plaza are some of the other popular shopping spots.
How to spend nightlife
With some of the best discos, bars, and nightclubs in the Caribbean, the nightlife is one of the key Aruba attractions. Enjoy tropical cocktails as you are treated with the soulful music of live bands. Dance in the moonlight or take a cruise around the island for a panoramic view of the night scene.
Don’t miss the Aruba Lighting Parade in mid-February where the streets and participants are all brightly illuminated. Or attend the famous Grand Parade in early March which marks the end of the San Nicolas festival. Whenever you visit, life is one big carnival here!