Johor Bahru senai international airport · Senai International Airport in Johor Bahru
All Destinations | Europe | Asia | North America | Africa | South America | Oceania | Hotels
Senai International Airport in Johor Bahru
Senai International Airport in Johor Bahru
Senai International Airport (IATA: JHB), , formally Sultan Ismail International Airport (Malay: Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Sultan Ismail), is located about 35 km (via the Skudai Highway) north-northwest of the Causeway. It has direct, domestic flights to and from East and West Malaysia. Firefly started direct, international flights to and from Surabaya in Indonesia in 2011. The recently-reovated airport is compact and equipped with shops, food and beverage outlets, money changers, etc, and free Wi-Fi Internet access.
Domestic flights are provided by:
Malaysia Airlines (offices at Persada Johor International Convention Centre in the city center and at Senai airport; ) with direct flights to and from Kuala Lumpur-KLIA;
AirAsia (call center number: 600 85 9999, 7am - 7pm; ), with direct flights to and from Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur-KLIA, Kuching, Miri, Penang, Sibu;
Firefly (call center: 603-7845 4543, daily 8:00am – 9:00pm) with direct flights to and from Kuala Lumpur-Subang airport
Between Johor Bahru and Senai International Airport:
Causeway Link operates airport express shuttle buses between the airport and the City Lounge (10 daily buses from City Lounge to the airport and 12 daily buses from the airport to City Lounge; 1st/last bus departs for the airport at 5:30AM/7.20PM, 1st/last bus departs for City Lounge at 6:10AM/10.50PM) on the north edge of Kotaraya II bus terminal in Jalan Trus. The Kotaraya II bus terminal is a mere ten-minute walk from the CIQ. Tickets cost RM8 one-way and the journey time is 45-60 minutes. Drinks and snacks can be bought from the snack bar (closed on Sundays) in the City Lounge. City Lounge has car rental services, ticketing counters for intercity express coach services (Causeway Link and Plusliner) and a flat TV screen to check all the incoming and outgoing flights of Senai Airport.
- There are also non-express buses from and to the airport. Currently, JB Central Line's A1 bus (operating hours: 7 am to 8.30pm) and Causeway Link's 333 (operating hours 6am to 8pm, frequency every 1.5 to 2hr, one-way fare 3.50 RM) go between Larkin bus terminal and the airport. The A1 bus terminates at Senai Airport and Permas Jaya, so you can board or disembark from the bus at various points such as Plaza Sentosa, Holiday Plaza, Crystal Crown Hotel, Jalan Skudai, etc. The Maju 207 bus service between Larkin bus terminal and Senai Airport has been cancelled.
- Besides the bus, taxis are also available, taking about 30 minutes. Taxis leaving from the airport operate on a voucher system - buy your voucher from the taxi desk inside the terminal (next to the car rental desks). A trip to the city center is RM45 for up to 4 passengers.
- The following express buses go between Singapore (the bus stop opposite Kranji MRT station/Queen Street Terminal/Jurong bus interchange/Boon Lay MRT station) and various points in Johor Bahru - CW1, CW2, CW3, CW3S, CW4S, CW5 and CW6 and the Singapore-Johore Express. Go to and the Larkin Bus & Taxi Terminal for schedules, bus frequencies and fares.
- Three new, non-express bus services were launched in the second half of 2010. The Transtar Cross Border Service (TS1) plies between Changi Airport and Johor Bahru's Kotaraya II bus terminal. The Transtar Cross Border Service (TS2) plies between Resorts World at Sentosa and Johor Bahru's Kotaraya II bus terminal. Advance Coach AC7 bus plies bewteen Yishun bus interchange in Singapore and Johor Bahru's Kotaraya II bus terminal. See below ('By bus, from and to Singapore') for more details.
- SBS Transit public (non-express) buses provide one of the cheapest and most reliable form of transport to Johor via Singapore. Bus 160 is available from Jurong East Interchange which is beside the Jurong East MRT Station; it terminates at Kotaraya II terminal in Johor Bahru. Check out this web site: for detailed information. Bus 170 (with the red plate) is available from Queen Street Terminal in Singapore and terminates at Larkin terminal in Johor Bahru. Check out this web site: for detailed information. Bus 170 (with the blue plate) is available from the bus stop beside the Kranji MRT station. This bus terminates at Kotaraya II terminal. See below ('By bus, from and to Singapore') for more details. Check out this web site:
- SMRT public (non-express) buses similarly provide one of the cheapest and most reliable form of transport to Johor via Singapore. Bus 950 departs from Woodlands bus interchange, which is just opposite the Woodlands MRT station. The bus terminates at Kotaraya II terminal in Johor Bahru. Check out this website - select 950 at the dropdown menu for detailed information. See below ('By bus, from and to Singapore') for more details.
- The shuttle bus service between Senai Airport and Singapore's Copthorne Orchid Hotel was cancelled in 2007. If you are planning to go to Senai Airport from Singapore, the cheapest option is to travel from Singapore to the City Lounge on the north edge the Kotaraya II terminal (see By bus below) on Jalan Trus by any of the numerous buses mentioned above, and then transfer to a Causeway Link Express airport shuttle bus. Alternatively, you can also go from Singapore to the Larkin bus terminal by express or non-express bus and transfer to an airport-bound bus. See above for details of the airport shuttle bus and the Larkin-Senai Airport buses. If you're in a hurry, you can take an ordinary Malaysian taxi for an official rate of RM45 from the taxi rank between JB Sentral and the Johor CIQ, after clearing Malaysian immigration and customs. From JB to Senai takes around 30 minutes off peak. Buy your coupon from the counter before boarding the taxi.
The Most Frequently Asked Travel Questions about Johor Bahru
Where To Stay & Best Hotels in Johor Bahru - updated Apr 2023
SAVE up to 75% on Last Minute deals! Search for discount Johor Bahru hotels, motels, apartments, hostels, guest accommodations and vacation resorts. Book now and pay at the hotel. Instant email confirmation!
>>> SEARCH FOR DEALS <<<
WHERE TO TRAVEL NEXT IN 2020
Johor Bahru Travel Guide from Wikitravel. Many thanks to all Wikitravel contributors. Text is available under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0, images are available under various licenses, see each image for details.